Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crochet Edging

I think I have found that something that will give my reconstruction some color and pattern that it so much needs. It is a scarf. Now I just have to figure out how to drape it, so it looks good. I really wish I had a good dress form. The kind you can adjust to your measurements. I was watching the DIY network and on one of the shows they made one by wrapping the person in duck tape and then stuffing the form. I can just hear my husband now as he tries to cut me out of the tape.LOL
Yesterday I decided to do a little crocheting around the collar. There was a part of me that wanted to go with bulky yarn, but the shirt is a gauze type material and I felt it might be too heavy
It seems these days I have a need to crochet. I have a lot of scraps, so a month ago I started cutting out 2 inch squares and stitching around the raw edges and then crocheting an edging around the square. The light weight quilt will be reversible

2 comments:

Tina November 25, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Really nice detail, but it did remind me of when I was a kid and when I'd grow to long for my pants...Mom would crochet on the bottoms to make them longer. teehee
T

Susan November 25, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

I just love the crocheted edging. It really gives me lots of ideas. Hugs.
Susan