Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Artful Clothing

I think it is finally beginning to click about this artful clothing. The best thing to do is really get in there and begin layering. I did not start seeing this until I began cutting apart pieces of clothing. It seems like you need lots of pieces to really make it start coming together. I even like the little quilt blocks hanging there with the bright colors. I did end up using my vintage dress form and that did seem to help to have something to pin and tuck on. This is really lots of fun! I like things that are a little wacky.

3 comments:

Mollamari November 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Oh this is exciting! Can't wait to see what you end up with it... I made a crazy quilt shirt once, from old shirts, knitted thin lacy fabrics, laces, embroidered pieces etc... I really liked it! Until I changed my style and it was forgotten to the cold attic where mice ate holes in it. What a pity. Now you have made me want to try something like that again!

Tina November 26, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

I've been following along on this project. It's turning out so great!
T

pinkglitterfae December 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

I wish I could sew... Altered clothing is so popular now, there are even magazines dedicated to it. This is looking great! How wonderful to be able to make one-of-a-kind clothing!