Friday, January 30, 2009

Inspiration is everywhere!

I like to try to post at least twice a week and because of this I post pictures of things in the works. After this doll, I am going to start working on some jewelry. Six months ago I bought everything needed to do a little soldering and I am itching to get started.I just love her little hairdo! I thought it might be cool to see where the inspiration came from. I am reading Kelly Rae Robert's book, "Taking Flight" and she has a painting on the cover and her girls have hair like this.
Also in keeping with the theme of collage from the book, I decided to make the dress out of paper cloth. I was going to do a little painting and stamping on the fabric, but I liked it so much I decided to leave it alone. The collage elements seemed to go together. I will add a little embroidery and maybe some crochet and let it go at that. Keeping it simple. I have decided she will hold three balloons, so now I have to figure out how I will do that. Wire and styrofoam is what I am thinking.

6 comments:

Sue January 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Looking forward to seeing her done - so far I'm loving her face and her hair and her dress looks fabulous!

Can't wait to see what you do with your jewelry making
equipment!

*smiles*

Sue

Kaerie Faerie January 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

I just love your work, I guess I should also post more often. Well, the doll is so pretty I love the dress, I have a idea for your balloons, fabric stiffener, tissue paper over balloons, you can break the balloons after it dries and attach a thin dowel.
I see Sue is a friend you should check out ADO, I just joined, amazing artists, and it is all online
Karey

Krissy February 2, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

She is absolutely lovely! And I have that book as well. It is a wonderful and inspirational read. I know you will enjoy!
Cheers,
Krissy

Shoozles February 4, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

I just read your profile and this line --"I love the Lord with all my heart" warmed my heart :)) Always glad to run into someone proud to say that.

Sarah February 7, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

She's beautiful! The hairdo is great and I love her paper dress. Can't wait to see her completed.

sandy February 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

That dress is adorable! Paper cloth, I have no clue what that is..